Priory of Brion, live at The Beaufort Theatre, Beaufort, Wales, 11th February 2000
Priory of Brion were a small side project for ex-Led Zep frontman Robert Plant. They played smaller venues around the U.K. for around a year, doing the odd Plant song amongst a good selection of covers. Enjoy!
01. Intro 02. Season of the Witch 03. A House Is Not a Motel 04. Bummer in the Summer 05. Waiting For My Man 06. Girl From the North Country/If I Were A Carpenter 07. Darkness Darkness 08. Think 09. Early In the Morning 10. Money 11. We're Gonna Groove 12. Baby Please Don't Go 13. As Long As I Have You 14. Gloria 15. No Regrets 16. Trouble In Mind
Bloc Party, live at the Olympic Theatre, Dublin, 7th November 2005
A little something from my vaults for you today, something I recieved so soon after the taping, as the guy didn't know Bloc Party's music there were no actual file names. Thank heaven for search engines then, as I'm more of a casual fan myself. The badn were hardly shy of putting out releases for each tour, by the time they arrived in Dublin there were at least three different versions of their debut album Silent Alarm, remixing and extending. Enjoy!
01 So Here We Are 02 Positive Tension 03 Banquet 04 Blue Light 05 Shes Hearing Voices 06 Plans 07 Luno 08 This Modern Love 09 Like Eating Glass 10 Little Thoughts 11 Helicopter 12 Two More Years 13 Price of Gasoline 14 The Present 15 Skeleton 16 Pioneers
Jeff Buckley, live at Exo 7, Rouen, 28th June 1995
Some Jeff for you again today, one of the more rare shows. Not the best of sounds, but not terrible either, and a very good setlist. Enjoy!
01 Intro 02 Dream Brother 03 So Real 04 Lover, You Should Have Come Over 05 Eternal Life 06 Kick Out The Jams 07 That's All I Ask 08 Mojo Pin 09 Last Goodbye 10 What Will You Say 11 Lilac Wine 12 Grace 13 Hallelujah 14 Je N'en Connais Pas La Fin 15 Vancouver 16 Kangaroo
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, live at the Fuji Rock Festival, Tokyo, 2nd August 1998
A great setlist from Nick and his buddies for you today, I'm sure you'll enjoy!
01. Do You Love Me? 02. Lime Tree Arbour 03. Red Right Hand 04. Stagger Lee 05. I Let Love In 06. From Her To Eternity 07. Where The Wild Roses Grow 08. The Mercy Seat 09. The Weeping Song 10. The Ship Song 11. Into My Arms
Melvins, live at the Gothic Theater, Englewood L.A., 22nd August 2009
The Melvins are a grunge band from Washington state who started life as a hardcore punk band. Lead by 'Buzz' Osbourne, the distinctive haired frontman, they've been making noise for 25 years now, and show no signs of stopping any time soon. Enjoy!
01. Second Coming (Alice Cooper) 02. Ballad of Dwight Fry (Alice Cooper) 03. Pigs of the Roman Empire 04. The Talking Horse 05. The Bloated Pope 06. Dog Island 07. Dies Iraea 08. Billy Fish 09. Mr DNA (Devo) 10. - Buzz talks - 11. Anaconda 12. Zodiac 13 The Kicking Machine 14. Civilized Worm drum intro 15. Blood Witch 16. Hooch 17. The Bit 18. The Smiling Cobra
Brett Anderson, live at the Shepards Bush Empire, London, 9th May 2007
An actual retail release for you today, not something I usually do, but as this was a strictly limited release (1500 copies only), the chances are you're never going to get your hands on an actual copy. So yeah, Brett Anderson, once of Suede (Suede UK, or UK Suede or something in the States), doing some of his solo and prior bands work. He's got a new album out in October if you're a fan. Enjoy!
1.1 Intro / To The Winter (6:00) 1.2 Love Is Dead (3:32) 1.3 One Lazy Morning (3:25) 1.4 Dust And Rain (3:09) 1.5 Intimacy (3:11) 1.6 Back To You (5:35) 1.7 By The Sea (4:23) 1.8 Colour Of The Night (2:58) 1.9 Scorpio Rising (4:39) 1.10 (Interlude) (0:44) 1.11 The Infinite Kiss (5:34) 1.12 Song For My Father (6:55) Disc 2 2.1 Ebony (5:01) 2.2 The Big Time (3:20) 2.3 So Young (3:07) 2.4 The Wild Ones (6:48) 2.5 Can't Get Enough (3:56) 2.6 Trash (4:46) 2.7 Beautiful Ones (7:28)
Cold War Kids, live at the Garden Nef Party, Angouleme, France, 18th July 2009
Cold War kids formed in Fullerton California, and amongst others are said to be influenced by Jeff Buckley (them and 6 million others if you beleive everything you're told...). Well, a little something to connect the two: In late 96, I think, Jeff took a poetry class while he was struggling to write for the follow-up to Grace, and while there wrote a piece called Fullerton Road Trick. Enjoy!
01. Mexican Dogs 02. Something Is Not Right With Me 03. I've Seen Enough 04. Every Man I Fall For 05. Passing The Hat 06. Tell Me In The Morning 07. Rubidoux 08. Hang Me Up To Dry 09. We Used To Vacation 10. Sermons Vs. The Gospel 11. Hair Down
Download sample, it's not included in the Zip... War Garden
Radiohead, live at the Greek Theatre, UC Berkeley, 30th June 2006
Another of the 2006 Radiohead shows where they were playing alot of the upcoming album for you. Enjoy!
01 Intro 02 Airbag 03 national anthem 04 There There 05 15 Step 06 Exit Music 07 Body Snatchers 08 My Iron Lung 09 Nude 10 Videotape 11 I Might Be Wrong 12 Climbing Up The Walls 13 All I Need 14 Pyramid Song 15 Spooks 16 idioteque 17 Myxomatosis 18 Bangers N Mash 19 Bones 20 Like Spinning Plates 21 Fake Plastic Trees 22 Down Is The New Up 23 Paranoid Android 24 House of Cards 25 True Love Waits / Everything In It's Right Place
The La's, live at the Shepards Bush Empire, London, 15th June 2005
Lee Mavers and John Power got back together in '05, with a new rythmn section, to play a few dates in the UK plus a few summer festivals. During these sets they played a few new/unreleased tracks, a couple of which are represented here. Enjoy!
Son Of A Gun Freedom Song Clean Prophet Come In Come Out Way Out Doledrum There She Goes Timeless Melody IOU I Can't Sleep Feelin Liberty Ship Callin All Failure Looking Glass Over I Am The Key Gimme The Blues Knock Me Down
Pilotdrift, live at the 6th Annual Holiday Extravaganza, Grand Prarie, 16th December 2005
The more observant of you will notice this is the same event that the show I posted of The Polyphonic Spree was from, and Pilodrift were there for good reason, as they had just signed to the Spree's new label Good Records. Seems as if they didn't stick together for too long, two of the members leaving to join the US Special Forces of all things. Not sure why they're refered to as The Chimney Tops by the taper though...Enjoy!
01. Prelude - Christmas Rush 02. Little Drummer Boy 03. We Three Kings 04. Reindeer Flight Instructor 05. Oh Holy Night 06. The Night Before Christmas 07. Video Introduction
Arctic Monkeys, live on Morning Becomes Eclectic, KCRW Santa Monica, 18th November 2005
I was watching a mockumentary by Sheffields John Shuttleworth on Sky Arts the other day 'It's Nice Up North', on the subject that people getting nicer the further north you travel, and as ever John was a delight, and to celebrate his genius I thought I'd post some of his hometown lads for you. Enjoy!
The View From The Afternoon Dancing Shoes Fake Tales Of San Francisco You Probably Couldn't See For the Lights But You Were Looking Straight At Me Perhaps Vampires Is A Bit Strong But.... From The Ritz To The Rubble A Certain Romance
The Polyphonic Spree, live at the 6th Annual Holiday Extravaganza, Nokia Center, Grand Prarie, 16th December 2005
As you can probably surmise, from the event, tracks and the time of year, this was recorded at a Christmas show in Grand Prarie in Texas. They made a recording of Nirvana's Lithium (released as a b-side) which sounded great and played it many times live, but on this occasion they opted for a rather spiffing Beatles song instead. Enjoy!
01. Prerecorded Intro 02. Harp Intro 03. We Sound Amazed 04. It's The Sun 05. Hold Me Now 06. Light And Day 07. Ride Captain Ride 08. Suitcase Calling 09. Round 10. Soldier Girl 11. Drum Off - Everything Starts At The Seam - When The Fool Becomes A King 12. Together We're Heavy 13. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band 14. Intro > Christmas Is Here 15. Do You Hear What I Hear > The Little Drummer Boy 16. Silent Night 17. Joy to the World > Joy to the World (Three Dog Night)