Nine Inch Nails, The Downward Spiral Live, Webster Hall, New York, 23rd August 2009
As the headline suggests, N.I.N. played the final show of their current tour (and perhaps forever) at New York's Webster hall, by playing their iconic album The Downward Spiral in it's entirety. Of course they played more songs than that, but not until the job was done. Enjoy!
01: Mr Self Destruct 02: Piggy 03: Heresy 04: March Of The Pigs 05: Closer 06: Ruiner 07: The Becoming 08: I Do Not Want This 09: Big Man With A Gun 10: A Warm Place 11: Eraser 12: Reptile 13: The Downward Spiral 14: Hurt 15: 1,000,000 16: Terrible Lie 17: Trent Speaks & Band Intro 18: Metal 19: Lights In The Sky 20: Burn 21: Gave Up 22: Suck 23: Physical 24: The Hand That Feeds 25: Head Like A Hole
Ataxia, live at The Knitting Factory, Los Angeles, 2nd February 2004
Ataxia consist of John Frusciante, his good friend Josh Klinghoffer (who also plays occasionally with the other musicians in RHCP), and Fugazi drummer Joe Lally. Two seems to be a fairly strong number for Ataxia, as they spent two weeks in the studio, recorded two albums in that time, and played two, count 'em, two concert dates (don't quote me on that mind!), although they did play several sets...so this isn't something you'll see everyday. Enjoy!
01 Intro 02 Dust 03 The Sides 04 Attention 05 Jam 06 Addition 07 The Soldier 08 Montreal
Laurie Anderson and Lou Reed, live at the DR Koncerthus, Copenhagen, 16th July 2009
Laurie is a performance artist and experimental musician, and even part-time actress. Quite the busy lady. Lou Reed, he's her husband, dunno what else he does though...Enjoy!
01 Dorita 02 Progress 03 Mystic Child 04 Pale Blue Eyes 05 Beginning 06 Romeo Had Juliette 07 Maybe If I Fall 08 Who Am I 09 Halloween Parade 10 Story About A Story 11 Junior Dad 12 Only An Expert 13 The Lost Art Of Conversation 14 I'll Be Your Mirror
R.E.M., live at the Pinkpop Festival, "The Dream" Bootleg, 15th May 1989
A quick blast of R.E.M. godness from their breakthrough period, soundboard sourced again. The last two tracks are tagged onto the bootleg, to fill up the 80 mins I guess, they're from Palatrussardi in Milan, 15th June 89, although I forgot to take this into account when tagging the files. Enjoy!
01. Exuming McCarthy [3:26] 02. Turn You Inside-Out [4:44] 03. Stand [3:25] 04. Orange Crush [3:53] 05. Feeling Gravitys Pull [6:08] 06. King Of Birds [5:17] 07. World Leader Pretend 5:06] 08. Underneath The Bunker [1:40] 09. Pretty Persuasion [4:11] 10. Get Up [2:35] 11. Auctioneer (Another Engine) [3:17] 12. It's the End Of The World As We Know It (And I feel Fine) [4:53] 13. Summertime [5:16] 14. Swan Swan H [3:14] 15. Finest Worksong [3:55] 16. Begin The Begin [4:00] 17. Perfect Circle [4:05] 18. Dark Globe [2:17]
As usual, download samples, they're not in the Zip... REM Pink
Circle Jerks, live at On Broadway, San Fransisco, 17th April 1984
By 1984 L.A.s punk band Circle Jerks had released three albums; Group Sex, Wild in the Streets and Golden Shower of Hits. If you're as debauched as myself you'll see what one of the major influences this band has. Enjoy!
Also, I need to use another image host I think...
1) intro 2) Dude (w/o vocals) 3) Back Against The Wall 4) Operation 5) Wild In The Streets (Garland Jeffreys) 6) Red Tape 7) Paid Vacation > 8) Trapped 9) Stars And Stripes > 10) When The Shit Hits The Fan 11) Murder The Disturbed 12) Under The Gun 13) Parade Of The Horribles 14) Behind The Door 15) Coup D'état 16) Leave Me Alone 17) World Up My Ass 18) Question Authority 19) I Just Want Some Skank > 20) Beverly Hills 21) High Price On Our Heads 22) Bang Your Head (Metal Health) (Quiet Riot) (tease) > Wasted 23) Junk Mail 24) Close to You (Carpenters) > Afternoon Delight (Starland Vocal Band) > You're Having My Baby (Paul Anka) > Love Will Keep Us Together (Captain and Tennille) > D-I-V-O-R-C-E (Tammy Wynette) > Live Fast, Die Young
Evan Dando, live at Gabe's Oasis, Iowa City, 18th January 2004
A solo show from The Lemonheads mainman (he's been doing that gig since 1986) Evan Dando for you today. Lots of covers in the show, many from countryist Lucinda Williams, and a few pop songs too. Enjoy!
01. Confetti 02. Into Your Arms 03. All My Life 04. My Drug Buddy 05. Hannah & Gabi 06. My Idea 07. The Outdoor Type 08. Tenderfoot 09. If I Could Talk I'd Tell You 10. Great Big No 11. Hard Drive 12. The Turnpike Down 13. Down About It 14. How Will I Know 15. I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman 16. Different Drum 17. Why Do You Do This To Yourself? 18. Shots Is Fired 19. The Same Thing You Thought Hard About Is The Same Part I Can Live Without 20. Ride With Me 21. Stove 22. Fall Down Dead 23. Being Around 24. Frying Pan 25. Rudderless 26. Lake Charles 27. Abandoned 28. Side of The Road 29. Like A Rose 30. It's A Shame About Ray 31. We had it coming! I'm not political by the way!! 32. How Much I've Lied 33. $1000 Wedding 34. Mallo Cup 35. I Don't Want To Hurt You 36. Window Shopping 37. Left For Dead 38. Style 39. Bit Part 40. Ballad of El Goodo
The Velvet Underground, "Sweet Sister Ray's Murder Mystery", live at La Cave, Cleveland, various dates
A little something more from the VU today, three seperate dates recorded at La Cave in Cleveland. Sweet Sister Ray dates 30th April 69, Sister Ray/Murder Mystery/Sister Ray dates from 29th January 69, and Story of My Life is from 4th October 68.
1. Sweet Sister Ray (39:42) 2. Sister Ray/Murder Mystery/Sister Ray (28:22) 3. Story Of My Life (1:58)
Download sample, it's not included in Zip... Velvet Cave
Ed Harcourt, live on KEXP, Seattle, (broadcast) 10th July 2009
A set comprising of unreleased songs (possibly appearing on the upcoming 2010 scheduled album) and a cover (Blues Run the Game by Jackson C Frank, most famously recorded by the fabulous Bert Jansch) , make up this live set, broadcast last month, by this English singer/songwriter. Enjoy!
01. Intro 02. Killed By The Morning Sun 03. Interview 1 04. The Church Of No Religion 05. Interview 2 06. Caterpillar 07. Interview 3 08. The Blues Run The Game 09. Poetry
Radiohead, live at the Oz'Arenes Festival, Avenches, 15th August 2006
Would've posted this yesterday, but had issues uploading, I wasn't gonna wait 4 hours for it...Anyway, a great bootleg from the Oxford boys, soundboard sourced, and featuring one of the first outings of tracks from what was to become In Rainbows (I think). Enjoy!
01 There There 02 Nationl Anthem 03 Lucky 04 Kid A 05 Bangers'n'Mash 06 My Iron Lung (Abandoned) 07 My Iron Lung 08 Karma Police 09 Morning Bell 10 I Might Be Wrong 11 Street Spirit 12 Climbing Up the Walls 13 Myxomaotsis 14 Pyramid Song 15 Down is the New Up 16 Just 17 Idioteque 18 Paranoid Android 19 Like Spinning Plates 20 Airbag 21 The Bends 22 True Love Waits 23 Everything in it's Right Place
Page & Plant, live at the Glastonbury Festival, 25th June 1995
Some lovely Jimmy and Robert for you today, not sure this much I can say about these two that you wouldn't know. My parents have had beers with Robert Plant on several occasions mind, I wonder if he still pops into the White Hart...Enjoy!
The Gutter Twins, live at the Stage Club, Hamburg, 16th July 2009
A very nice set from Dulli and Lanegan for you today, naturally featuring alot of songs written by the duo for other projects (Twilight Singers, Screaming Trees, etc.), with one or two covers thrown in for good measure. Enjoy!
01 Intro 02 The Body 03 The Stations 04 If I Were Going 05 Sworn And Broken 06 Down The Line (Jose Gonzales) 07 Creeping Coastline Of Lights 08 Resurrection Song 09 The Twilite Kid 10 Summer's Kiss 11 The River Rise 12 Sunset Machine 13 I Am In The Heavenly Way (Bukka White) 14 Encore-Break 15 Candy Cane Crawl 16 One Hundred Days 17 Three Hours (Nick Drake)
Electric Prunes, live at The Knitting Factory, Hollywood, 28th December 2007
The Electric Prunes are a garage/phsycadelic rock band from way back in the '60's, one of a few who've reformed after the success of a new wave of bands playing straightforward rock music. They gained they're first taste of stardom after the release of I Had Too Much to Dream Last Night, the first song of theirs I ever heard, a track that led me to seek out more of this wonderful band. If you enjoy this bootleg, check out an earlier post of a The Sonics show I posted. Enjoy!
Black Keys, live at the Forecastle Festival, Belvedere, 10th July 2009
More summer festivalness for you today, recorded at the River Front in Belvedere, here are the Black Keys. The duo are 6 albums into their career now, and show no signs of slowing up their rawkessness. Enjoy!
01 Tuning 02 Thickfreakness 03 Girl Is On My Mind 04 Set You Free 05 The Breaks 06 Stack Shot Billy 07 Busted 08 Everywhere I Go 09 Strange Times 10 Your Touch 11 Same Old Thing 12 Have Love Will Travel 13 10 A.M. Automatic 14 I Got Mine
Fleet Foxes, live at the 9:30 Club, Washington, 29th July 2009
Some sunny Seattle harmonies for you today, from SubPops Fleet Foxes. I'm not really up on their full catalogue, but a few of these are apparantly new songs. I did find that the one new song is called Blue Spotted Tail. Enjoy!
The Dead Weather, live at First Avenue, Minneapolis, 27th July 2009
Some more from Dead Weather's tour of the U.S. today, as promised. I'm sure you'll enjoy!
01 Intro 02 60 Feet Tall 03 Bone House 04 Hang You From The Heavens 05 You Just Can't Win (Van Morrison/Them) 06 So Far From Your Weapon 07 I Cut LIke A Buffalo 08 A Child Of A Few Hours Is Burning To Death (West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band) 09 Rocking Horse 10 No Hassle Night 11 Will There Be Enough Water? 12 Encore Break 13 Forever My Queen (Pentagram) 14 Treat Me Like Your Mother 15 New Pony (Bob Dylan)
The Decemberists, live at Radio City Music Hall, New York City, 10th June 2009
Another show from The Decemberists Hazards of Love tour, where the guys play the album in its entirety, followed by a set of their other songs. At this particular show (supplied by nyctaper), they were joined by Peter Buck of R.E.M. on his bands song Begin the Begin. Enjoy!
Set 1: The Hazards of Love
01 Prelude 02 The Hazards of Love 1 03 A Bower Scene 04 Won't Want for Love 05 The Hazards of Love 2 06 Isn't It a Lovely Night? 07 The Wanting Comes in Waves 08 An Interlude 09 The Rake's Song 10 The Abduction of Margaret 11 The Queen's Rebuke 12 The Crossing 13 Annan Water 14 Margaret in Captivity 15 The Hazards of Love 3 16 The Wanting Comes in Waves (Reprise) 17 The Hazards of Love 4
01 The Crane Wife 3 02 July, July! 03 Billy Liar 04 Sleepless 05 The Bachelor and the Bride 06 Dracula's Daughter 07 O Valencia! 08 The Chimbley Sweep 09 Crazy on You (Heart) 10 [encore break] 11 Begin the Begin (REM) 12 Sons and Daughters
The Ting Tings, live at the Garden Nef Party, Angouleme, 18th July 2009
Something slightly different today, some pop music. Okay, some might argue that The Ting Tings are an indie band, or pop art or something, but the two members (Kate White and Jules De Martino) have been in previous bands, and in that time supported Steps and Bros. I'll give Jules some credit though, he was the singer of a band called Mojo Pin...Enjoy!
01. We Walk 02. Great DJ 03. Fruit Machine 04. Keep Your Head 05. We Started Nothing 06. Shut Up and Let Me Go 07. That's Not My Name
Jeff Buckley, live at Arlenes Grocery, New York, 9th February 1997
Arlenes is a little venue on the Lower East Side of New York City, which, as the name suggests, used to be a grocery store. On this occasion, Jeff Buckley and band turned out to test a few new songs, the first time they were played in public, and despite a rough voice due to smoking, something Jeff refers to continually, this is a really great show. Enjoy!
01. Chat 02. Nightmares by the Sea 03. Chat 04. Witch's Rave 05. Tune Up 06. So Real 07. Chat 08. Paranoia in the City (Haven't You Heard) 09. Surf Guitar Noodling 10. Chat 11. Lover, You Should've Come Over 12. Morning Theft 13. Vancouver 14. Chat 15. Moisture (Residents cover) 16. Chat 17. The Sky is a Landfill 18. Chocolate > 19. Mojo Pin 20. Grace 21. Chat 22. Last Goodbye
Foo Fighters, live on the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas special, Universal Amphitheater, Los Angeles, 17th December 1995
This is taken from the annual, above long named show, which has been running since 1990, and nowadays streams on the KROQ website. Not a great deal of songs from this pre-fm disc, but they're not your usual Foo Fighters fare for sure. Enjoy!
01. DJ Intro 02. This is a Call 03. Watershed 04. I'll Stick Around 05. Floaty 06. DJ Outro