Ryan Adams, live at Passionskirche, Berlin, 6th November 2002
A very nice show from Ryan for you today, I'm wracking my brain for whatever it was I was about to do, so no explanation on this one. Enjoy!
01. Oh My Sweet Carolina 02. Tomorrow 03. Sweet Lil Gal (23rd/1st) 04. To Be Young (Is To Be Sad, Is To Be High) 05. The Fools We Are As Men 06. SYLVIA PLATH 07. Damn, Sam (I Love A Woman That Rains) 08. Bartering Lines 09. (Ryan tells two stories) 10. My Winding Wheel 11. In My Time Of Need 12. Dear Chicago 13. You Will Always Be The Same 14. Brown Sugar (Rolling Stones) 15. (Ryan chats) 16. Jim 17. When The Stars Go Blue 18. Come Pick Me Up
John Squire, live at The University, Liverpool, 12th November 2002
One of many shows in support of his 2002 solo release Time Changes Everything, this has a bit of Stone Roses thrown in for good measure. Sadly John has these days taken to his art fulltime and dropped the guitar altogether, it's a young mans game apparantly. I'm sure you'll enjoy!
01. I Am The Resurrection (Instrumental) 02. I Miss You 03. Shine A Little Light 04. Transatlantic Near Death Experience 05. All I Really Want 06. She Bangs The Drums 07. Joe Louis 08. 15 Days 09. Waterfall 10. Strange Feeling 11. Welcome To The Valley 12. Time Changes Everything 13. Tightrope
Los Campesinos!, live at Jack Rabbits, Jacksonville, 19th January 2009
Los are a Cardiff based 7 piece, although Harriet (red-headed violinist, front centre in pic) isn't at this show, bringing Twee Indie a fresh taste in the noughties, something like a Heavenly for the Post-Rock age. I'm sure you'll enjoy!
01. Ways to Make It Through the Wall 02. International Tweexcore Underground 03. All Your Kayfabe Friends 04. Death to Los Campesinos 05. Miserabilia 06. This is How You Spell 'HAHAHA' I've Destroyed the Hopes and Dreams of a 0Generation of Faux-Romantics 07. Drop It Doe Eyes 08. chat 09. Documented Emotional Breakdown #1 10. My Year In Lists 11. You! Me! Dancing! 12. We Are Beautiful, We Are Damned 13. Sweet Dreams, Sweet Cheeks
Download sample, it's not included in Zip... Los Rabbits
Son Volt, live at Antone's, Austn, 25th February 2009
Son Volt were born out of the ashes of Uncle Tupelo, a band that also spawned Wilco, though now-a-days they feature a completely different line-up, frontman Jay Farrar the exception. This show was played in preperation for the forth coming eigth studio release American Central Dust. I'm sure you'll enjoy!
01. When The Wheels Don't Move 02. Gramophone 03. Down To The Wire 04. The Picture 05. Beacon Soul 06. Hanging Blue Side 07. Big Sur 08. Highways & Cigarettes 09. Dynamite 10. Tear Stained Eye 11. Creosote 12. Exurbia 13. Meth 14. Dust Of Daylight 15. Feel Free 16. Drown 17. Action 18. The Search 19. Bandages & Scars 20. Buzz & Grind 21. Voodoo Candle 22. Afterglow 61 23. Carmelita 24. Windfall 25. 10 Second News 26. Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way
Smashing Pumpkins, live on WZRD, Chicago, 16th March 1989
Before having even released any music, Smashing Pumpkins gave a live broadcast, not pre-recorded, on WZRD FM Chicago, to help promote both themsleves plus a compilation album and launch party from their label. Many rare songs, covers, and sadly much chatting nonsense from the amiable host (though I don't list those, too many), make up for a very nice little bootleg. Apprécier!
01. Venus in Furs(Velvet Underground) 02. Snap (If I Could) 03. My Eternity 04. East 05. Cinnamon Girl(Neil Young) 06. There It Goes 07. Nothing and Everything 08. Under Your Spell 09. Rhinoceros 10. Sun 11. Spiteface
The Decemberists, live at the Fox Theatre, Oakland, 20th May 2009
The Decemberists recently released their 5th studio album, the rock opera that is The Hazards of Love, they're highest charting album to date. Touring this album has been a bit different for the band, as they've been playing it complete, from start to finish, and this is just one of those shows, played in two sets, the second being a more 'best of' affair. I'm sure you'll enjoy!
01: Intro 02: Prelude 03: The Hazards Of Love 1 (The Prettiest Whistles Won't Wrestle The Thistles Undone) 04: A Bower Scene 05: Won't Want For Love (Margaret in the Taiga) 06: The Hazards Of Love 2 (Wager All) 07: The Queen's Approach 08: Isn't It A Lovely Night? 09: The Wanting Comes In Waves / Repaid 10: An Interlude 11: The Rake's Song 12: The Abduction Of Margaret 13: The Queen's Rebuke / The Crossing 14: Annan Water 15: Margaret In Captivity 16: The Hazards Of Love 3 (Revenge!) 17: The Wanting Comes In Waves (reprise) 18: The Hazards Of Love 4 (The Drowned)
01: Intro 02: Grace Cathedral Hill 03: We Both Go Down Together 04: Sleepless 05: If I Could Only Win Your Love 06: Yankee Bayonet (I Will Be Home Then) 07: Dracula's Daughter 08: O Valencia 09: The Crane Wife 3 10: Sons And Daughters 11: Raincoat Song 12: A Cautionary Song
Tom Waits, live at the Kninklijk Theater Carré, Amsterdam, 21st November 2004
A Radio 1 broadcast of Tom for you today, taken from the bootleg titled "Amsterdamned". Onstage with him that day were Marc Ribot, Larry Taylor and Brain Mantia who more than ably fill out the sound in what is a terrific setlist. Enjoy!
Disc 1: 01. Hoist That Rag 02. Make It Rain 03. Jockey Full Of Bourbon 04. Don't Go Into That Barn 05. Sins Of The Father 06. ping pong ball story 07. Straight To The Top 08. God's Away On Business 09. Misery's The River Of The World 10. Alice 11. November
Disc 2: 01. Eyeball Kid 02. Walk Away 03. Metropolitain Glide 04. What's He Building (In There)? 05. Shake It 06. audience 07. 16 Shells From A Thirty-Ought Six 08. Trampled Rose 09. House Where Nobody Lives 10. dead ringer story 11. Lucky Day
Kings of Leon, live at Huxley's Neue Welt, Berlin, 20th November 2004
Some Kings for you today, a radio broadcast with a nice little setlist. I'm sure you'll enjoy!
01 Happy Alone 02 Red Morning Light 03 Wasted Time 04 Taper Jean Girl 05 Pistol Of Fire 06 The Bucket 07 Soft 08 Joe`s Head 09 Molly`s Chambers 10 Milk 11 Razz 12 Four Kicks 13 California Waiting 14 Slow Nights, So Long 15 Trani 16 King Of The Rodeo 17 Head To Toe 18 Spiral Staircase
Fugazi, live at Ft. Reno Park, Washington, 1st July 2002
Some more Fugazi today, this time we have the last known recording from a U.S. performance. Fingers crossed the band will get back together one day, either way, they've left a great legacy. Enjoy!
01. Intro 02. Cashout 03. Full Disclosure 04. Break 05. Smallpox Champion 06. Back to Base 07. Life And Limb 08. Close Captioned 09. Rend It 10. Furniture 11. Strangelight 12. The Kill 13. Argument 14. Nightshop 15. Epic Problem 16. Blueprint 17. Arpeggiator 18. Song #1
Queens of the Stone Age and Friends, live at the Henry Fonda Theater, the Natasha Schneider Benefit, 16th august 2008
Sometime Queens collaborator Alain Johannes partner (in life and music) Natasha Schneider fell ill with cancer, and the bills became too much for them to deal with, so Josh et al decided to throw a benefit concert to help their friends in their time of need. Bringing together more of their compadres they performed a nice set, with or without the other guests. I'm sure you'll enjoy!
01. Kielbasa (Tenacious D) 02. The History of Tenacious D (Tenacious D) 03. Wonderboy (Tenacious D) 04. Fuck Her Gently (Tenacious D) 05. Tribute (Tenacious D) 06. Go With The Flow 07. Turnin' On The Screw 08. Misfit Love 09. The Blood Is Love 10. 3's and 7's 11. The Desperate Kingdom of Love (PJ Harvey) 12. There Will Never Be Another Time (w/PJ Harvey) 13. Powdered Wig Machine (w/PJ Harvey) 14. Crawl Home (w/PJ Harvey) 15. I'm Designer 16. Not To Touch the Earth 17. Little Sister 18. Hanging Tree 19. Making a Cross 20. I Feel Free (w/Tenacious D) 21. Rickshaw 22. Don't Drink Poison (w/Brody Dalle) 23. Driving Song (w/Brody Dalle) 24. Run Pig Run 25. I Wanna Make It Wit Chu (w/PJ Harvey) 26. Burn the Witch (w/Tenacious D) 27. Sick Sick Sick 28. Unknown Alain Song 29. The Fun Machine Took a Shit and Died 30. Speaking in Tongues (w/Jesse Hughes) 31. Long Slow Goodbye
Jarvis Cocker, live at the Roayl Northern College of Music, Manchester, 16th April 2009
A reall great sounding show from Jarvis with 'Tim' assisting on guitar. A nice mix of a set too, something new, something slightly older, some covers, and some Pulp for good measure. I'm sure you'll enjoy!
01 Further Complications 02 Slush 03 I Told You Twice (Leftovers) 04 Tonight Will Be Fine 05 From Auschwitz To Ipswich 06 Femme Fatale (Velvet Underground & Nico) 07 Fat Children 08 Heaven (Leonard Cohen) 09 State Trooper 10 Little Girl 11 Something Changed 12 Babies 13 Sorted For Es And Wizz
Download samples, they're not included in Zip... Jarvis Music
Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, live at The Main Point, Bryn Mawr P.A., 5th February 1975
I originally got this bootleg as the town he performs in is named after a market town near me in South Wales, it means Big Hill (apparantly the highest town in Wales), to find out that it's one of the best early Bruce bootlegs out there.
Recorded and broadcast by WMMR, it features the debut of very important song for him, Thunderroad (then known as Wings for Wheels), as well as Back in the U.S.A. and Mountain of Love. It's known as the above images title, as well as something about Main Point which I don't recall, so I named it as it is; Bruce etc. live at.... Enjoy!
01. Intro -> Incident on 57th Street 02. Mountain of Love 03. Born to Run 04. The E Street Shuffle 05. Thunder Road "Wings for Wheels" 06. I Want You 07. Spirit in the Night 08. She's the One 09. Growin' Up 10. It's Hard to be a Saint in the City 11. Jungleland 12. Kitty's Back 13. New York City Serenade 14. Rosalita 15. 4th of July, Asbury Park 16. A Love So Fine 17. For You 18. Back in the U.S.A.
The Smiths, live at St.Georges Hall, Bradford, 28th March 1985
Some more Mozza and Co. for you today, a rather good setlist, sadly the sound's a bit tinny and crowd heavy. Probably recorded on a walkman or something. Anyway, enjoy!
01. William, It Was Really Nothing 02. Nowhere Fast 03. I Want The One I Can't Have 04. What She Said 05. Hand in Glove 06. How Soon Is Now? 07. Stretch Out And Wait 08. That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore 09. Shakespeare's Sister 10. Rusholme Ruffians 11. The Headmaster Ritual 12. Still Ill 13. Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now 14. Meat Is Murder 15. Handsome Devil 16. Barbarism Begins At Home 17. Miserable Lie
Violent Femmes, live at Ingenieurs-Schule, Kassel, Germany, 13th February 1984
Another show from the fantastic Violent Femmes for you, this time in support of their second album Hallowed Ground, a good early show. It's rather surprising due to the maturity of some of the songs that Gordon Gano, the lead singer, wrote alot of the songs at this time while still in school, plus in the late '80's he formed a gospel group being the devout lad he is. Still, can't hold it against him...Enjoy!
01 - Intro/Audience 02 - Blister In The Sun 03 - Promise 04 - Flamingo Baby 05 - Prove My Love 06 - Please Do Not Go 07 - Gimme The Car 08 - Ugly 09 - What's The Matter With Jesus 10 - Confessions 11 - Gone Daddy Gone/I Just Want To Make Love To You 12 - Waiting For The Bus 13 - I Ain't Gonna Wait 14 - Add It Up 15 - Theme And Variations 16 - Girl Trouble 17 - Kiss Off 18 - Dance Motherfucker Dance
This recording is a compilation of soundboard recordings with unattributed venues/dates, from their October/November dates in the U.S.. Originally recorded straight to tape from the referance acetates by Damon Lyon Shaw at IBC studios in January the following year. The sound is really extraordinary, unmixed and with all the pops and clicks expected from such a source, it sounds just great. Enjoy!
01 - Fortune Teller 02 - Summertime Blues 03 - Shakin' All Over (Edit Start From Reel 1) 04 - My Generation > Shakin' All Over (Edit End From Reel 2) 05 - Heaven & Hell 06 - I Can't Explain (End of Acetate) 07 - I Can't Explain (Restarted) 08 - Fortune Teller 09 - Tattoo 10 - Young Man Blues 11 - Young Man Blues 12 - I Can't Explain 13 - Fortune Teller 14 - Young Man Blues
Download samples, they're not included in Zip... Who Acetate
Mélanie Pain live at Ancienne Belgique, Brussels, 25th March 2009
Miss Pain is one of the many ladies to have sung with Nouvelle Vague (as well as other collaborations), singing one of their better, and more well known covers, Teenage Kicks amongst others. She released her solo debut My Name less than a week ago, from which all the following tracks, with the exception of L’espace D’Un Instant, come. Please do enjoy!
01. Little Cowboy 02. Ignore Moi 03. Bruises 04. L’espace D’Un Instant 05. La Cigarette 06. My Name 07. If You Knew 08. outro
The Seahorses, live at Dublin Castle, 3rd May 1997
John Squire is probably the last of the guitar heros to emerge, Jonny Greenwood aside, from this little island, and one of the guys who's riffs I emulated when learning to play. He was the first of the Stone Roses to get back out into the music scene when he placed the above advert in a Manchester paper, hiring busker Chris Helme for the role after a friend saw him busking outside a branch of the now defunct Woolworths store. They only released one album, citing the usual 'musical differences' before splitting, though the sessions for the second are out there (I think I may have an MP3 copy somewhere). Anyway, enjoy!
01 I Want You to Know 02 The Boy in the Picture 03 Kill Pussycat Kill 04 Love Me and Leave Me 05 1999 06 Hello 07 Standing on Your Head 08 Love is the Law 09 Round the Universe 10 Suicide Drive 11 Blinded By the Sun 12 Happiness is Eggshaped
The Clash, live at Bonds International Casino, New York, 13th June 1981
The Clash booked a series of shows at Bonds in '81, only to find that the venue was smaller than thought and hopelessly over sold. So they arranged another set of dates to let all those wishing to see them do so safely. The 9th of June show is widely circulated, so I thought this would be a nice gig to publish today, one fof those bonus shows. Enjoy!
01. London Calling 02. Safe European Home 03. The Leader 04. Train in Vain 05. White Man in Hammersmith Palais 06. This is Radio Clash 07. Corner Soul 08. Guns of Brixton 09. The Call Up 10. Bankrobber 11. Complete Control 12. Lightning Strikes 13. Ivan Meets G.I. Joe/Charlie Don't Surf 14. The Magnificent Seven 15. Broadway 16. Somebody Got Murdered 17. Police and Thieves 18. (Working for the) Clampdown 19. One More Time 20. Brand New Cadillac 21. Street Parade 22. Janie Jones 23. Washington Bullets
The Moldy Peaches, live at the Bowery Ballroom, New York, 12th Jamuary 2002
The Moldy Peaches were/are (there's no official split, simply a hiatus I think), Adam Green and Kimya Dawson, here augmented by a full band. Their albums are full of songs about disillusionment, isolation, but also fun and a strange kind of love too. I stumbled upon their self titled album in Cardiff market by chance, wondering if the opening track Lucky Number Nine was a cover of Lene Lovich's song (a great track itself) and asked the guy if I could check it out. I was immediayely taken by their charm and coughed over the money. Anyway, please do enjoy!
1. On Top 2. Greyhound Bus 3. These Burgers 4. I Forgot 5. D2 Boyfriend 6. Lucky Number Nine 7. Jorge Regula 8. County Fair 9. Rainbows 10. Lazy Confessions 11. Downloading Porn W/ Dave-o 12. Steak For Chicken 13. Nothing Came Out 14. Who's Got The Crack 15. Anyone Else But You 16. (Banter) 17. What Went Wrong
Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, Studio Archives, L.A. 1969
This is a very nice little bootleg, which spans the period between the release of CSN's debut album together, and Deja VU, the first CSN&Y album. Taken from a few sources, including Stephen Stills home studio and the Wally Heider's Studio. Many unreleased songs, a couple of cover versions (many takes of the Beatles one), and more vasic, stripped down versions of released tracks. Enjoy!
01. Everybody's Talkin' 02. How Have You Been 03. Black Queen Riff/Dialogue 04. Triad (Acoustic) 05. Almost Cut My Hair (Acoustic) 06. Everyday We Smile 07. Sea Of Madness 08. The Lee Shore 09. Everybody I Love You 10. I'll Be There 11. Blackbird 12. Ivory Tower 13. 30 Dollar Fine 14. Everybody's Been Burned 15. You're Wrong Baby 16. Everybody's Alone
Download samples, they're not included in Zip... CSNY Studio
Gorky's Zygotic Mynki, live at Mercury Lounge, New York, 28th March 2000
Gorky's were a little indie band from Wales who released nine albums over an eleven year period. Much like their contemporaries SFA, they sang songs in both the English and Welsh languages, but were more influenced by psychdelia than the rave-tinged Furries, as can be garnered from the above photograph. This show is taken from what was probably their first U.S. tour, as they had just previously released a compilation of their earlier independant labeled (Ankst) albums. Since their split a few years back now frontman Euros Childs and guitarist Richard James are still doing their thing, both relesing very good solo work at present. A really great setlist from them it is too, and as such I'm sure you'll enjoy!
01 Poodle Rockin' 02 Spanish Dance Troupe 03 Y Ffordd Oren 04 Let's Get Together 05 Out On The Side 06 Freckles 07 Faraway Eyes 08 Hallway 09 Fresher Than The Sweetness In Water 10 Honeymoon With You 11 Meirion Wyllt 12 Desolation Blues 13 Sweet Johnny (part 1) 14 Sweet Johnny (part 2) 15 Patio Song 16 The Humming Song
Download samples, they're not included in the Zip... Mynci Lounge
Dinosaur Jr., live at The National, Richmond V.A., 30th April 2009
Had a 'mare uploading this, now can't be arsed to say owt about it. Enjoy!
01. intro 02. Tarpit 03. In A Jar 04. Bulbs Of Passion 05. Back To Your Heart 06. I Don't Wanna Go There 07. Out There 08. Feel The Pain 09. Mountain Man 10. The Wagon 11. Budge 12. Freak Scene 13. Raisans 14. encore break 15. Just Like Heaven 16. Chunks
Download samples, they're not included in Zip... Jr. National
Ben Folds Five, live at Cat's Cradle, Carrboro N.C., 11th November 1997
Recorded in their home state, I'd imagine at the end of '97's tour supporting the release of Whatever and Ever Amen, this is a quality little BFF bootleg. For me personally, there's hardly a spare track in this show, but then my favourite Five albums were the first two, and you have the bonus of the encore cover version. Please do enjoy!
01. Theme from Dr. Pyser 02. Battle of Who Could Care Less 03. Philosophy 04. Missing the War 05. Selfless, Cold & Composed 06. The Last Polka 07. Steven’s Last Night in Town 08. Fair 09. Brick 10. Kate 11. Jackson Cannery 12. One Angry Dwarf & 200 Solemn Faces 13. Uncle Walter 14. Smoke 15. Julianne 16. (segue) 17. Underground 18. She Don’t Use Jelly 19. Song for the Dumped
Thom Yorke, live at the Bridge School Benefit, Moutain View C.A., 26th November 2002
Thom played two nights in support of the many childrens charities catered for by the California Bridge School Benefit, this is the first (second coming tomorrow). He plays acoustically (guitar and piano) many Radiohead favourites, and I'm sure you'll enjoy!
01 Intro 02 Everything in its Right Place 03 I Might Be Wrong 04 Sail to the Moon 05 Like Spinning Plates 06 There There 07 Pyramid Song 08 Lucky 09 After the Gold Rush (Neil Young)