Priory of Brion, live at The Beaufort Theatre, Beaufort, Wales, 11th February 2000
Priory of Brion were a small side project for ex-Led Zep frontman Robert Plant. They played smaller venues around the U.K. for around a year, doing the odd Plant song amongst a good selection of covers. Enjoy!
01. Intro 02. Season of the Witch 03. A House Is Not a Motel 04. Bummer in the Summer 05. Waiting For My Man 06. Girl From the North Country/If I Were A Carpenter 07. Darkness Darkness 08. Think 09. Early In the Morning 10. Money 11. We're Gonna Groove 12. Baby Please Don't Go 13. As Long As I Have You 14. Gloria 15. No Regrets 16. Trouble In Mind
Bloc Party, live at the Olympic Theatre, Dublin, 7th November 2005
A little something from my vaults for you today, something I recieved so soon after the taping, as the guy didn't know Bloc Party's music there were no actual file names. Thank heaven for search engines then, as I'm more of a casual fan myself. The badn were hardly shy of putting out releases for each tour, by the time they arrived in Dublin there were at least three different versions of their debut album Silent Alarm, remixing and extending. Enjoy!
01 So Here We Are 02 Positive Tension 03 Banquet 04 Blue Light 05 Shes Hearing Voices 06 Plans 07 Luno 08 This Modern Love 09 Like Eating Glass 10 Little Thoughts 11 Helicopter 12 Two More Years 13 Price of Gasoline 14 The Present 15 Skeleton 16 Pioneers
Jeff Buckley, live at Exo 7, Rouen, 28th June 1995
Some Jeff for you again today, one of the more rare shows. Not the best of sounds, but not terrible either, and a very good setlist. Enjoy!
01 Intro 02 Dream Brother 03 So Real 04 Lover, You Should Have Come Over 05 Eternal Life 06 Kick Out The Jams 07 That's All I Ask 08 Mojo Pin 09 Last Goodbye 10 What Will You Say 11 Lilac Wine 12 Grace 13 Hallelujah 14 Je N'en Connais Pas La Fin 15 Vancouver 16 Kangaroo
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, live at the Fuji Rock Festival, Tokyo, 2nd August 1998
A great setlist from Nick and his buddies for you today, I'm sure you'll enjoy!
01. Do You Love Me? 02. Lime Tree Arbour 03. Red Right Hand 04. Stagger Lee 05. I Let Love In 06. From Her To Eternity 07. Where The Wild Roses Grow 08. The Mercy Seat 09. The Weeping Song 10. The Ship Song 11. Into My Arms
Melvins, live at the Gothic Theater, Englewood L.A., 22nd August 2009
The Melvins are a grunge band from Washington state who started life as a hardcore punk band. Lead by 'Buzz' Osbourne, the distinctive haired frontman, they've been making noise for 25 years now, and show no signs of stopping any time soon. Enjoy!
01. Second Coming (Alice Cooper) 02. Ballad of Dwight Fry (Alice Cooper) 03. Pigs of the Roman Empire 04. The Talking Horse 05. The Bloated Pope 06. Dog Island 07. Dies Iraea 08. Billy Fish 09. Mr DNA (Devo) 10. - Buzz talks - 11. Anaconda 12. Zodiac 13 The Kicking Machine 14. Civilized Worm drum intro 15. Blood Witch 16. Hooch 17. The Bit 18. The Smiling Cobra
Brett Anderson, live at the Shepards Bush Empire, London, 9th May 2007
An actual retail release for you today, not something I usually do, but as this was a strictly limited release (1500 copies only), the chances are you're never going to get your hands on an actual copy. So yeah, Brett Anderson, once of Suede (Suede UK, or UK Suede or something in the States), doing some of his solo and prior bands work. He's got a new album out in October if you're a fan. Enjoy!
1.1 Intro / To The Winter (6:00) 1.2 Love Is Dead (3:32) 1.3 One Lazy Morning (3:25) 1.4 Dust And Rain (3:09) 1.5 Intimacy (3:11) 1.6 Back To You (5:35) 1.7 By The Sea (4:23) 1.8 Colour Of The Night (2:58) 1.9 Scorpio Rising (4:39) 1.10 (Interlude) (0:44) 1.11 The Infinite Kiss (5:34) 1.12 Song For My Father (6:55) Disc 2 2.1 Ebony (5:01) 2.2 The Big Time (3:20) 2.3 So Young (3:07) 2.4 The Wild Ones (6:48) 2.5 Can't Get Enough (3:56) 2.6 Trash (4:46) 2.7 Beautiful Ones (7:28)
Cold War Kids, live at the Garden Nef Party, Angouleme, France, 18th July 2009
Cold War kids formed in Fullerton California, and amongst others are said to be influenced by Jeff Buckley (them and 6 million others if you beleive everything you're told...). Well, a little something to connect the two: In late 96, I think, Jeff took a poetry class while he was struggling to write for the follow-up to Grace, and while there wrote a piece called Fullerton Road Trick. Enjoy!
01. Mexican Dogs 02. Something Is Not Right With Me 03. I've Seen Enough 04. Every Man I Fall For 05. Passing The Hat 06. Tell Me In The Morning 07. Rubidoux 08. Hang Me Up To Dry 09. We Used To Vacation 10. Sermons Vs. The Gospel 11. Hair Down
Download sample, it's not included in the Zip... War Garden
Radiohead, live at the Greek Theatre, UC Berkeley, 30th June 2006
Another of the 2006 Radiohead shows where they were playing alot of the upcoming album for you. Enjoy!
01 Intro 02 Airbag 03 national anthem 04 There There 05 15 Step 06 Exit Music 07 Body Snatchers 08 My Iron Lung 09 Nude 10 Videotape 11 I Might Be Wrong 12 Climbing Up The Walls 13 All I Need 14 Pyramid Song 15 Spooks 16 idioteque 17 Myxomatosis 18 Bangers N Mash 19 Bones 20 Like Spinning Plates 21 Fake Plastic Trees 22 Down Is The New Up 23 Paranoid Android 24 House of Cards 25 True Love Waits / Everything In It's Right Place
The La's, live at the Shepards Bush Empire, London, 15th June 2005
Lee Mavers and John Power got back together in '05, with a new rythmn section, to play a few dates in the UK plus a few summer festivals. During these sets they played a few new/unreleased tracks, a couple of which are represented here. Enjoy!
Son Of A Gun Freedom Song Clean Prophet Come In Come Out Way Out Doledrum There She Goes Timeless Melody IOU I Can't Sleep Feelin Liberty Ship Callin All Failure Looking Glass Over I Am The Key Gimme The Blues Knock Me Down
Pilotdrift, live at the 6th Annual Holiday Extravaganza, Grand Prarie, 16th December 2005
The more observant of you will notice this is the same event that the show I posted of The Polyphonic Spree was from, and Pilodrift were there for good reason, as they had just signed to the Spree's new label Good Records. Seems as if they didn't stick together for too long, two of the members leaving to join the US Special Forces of all things. Not sure why they're refered to as The Chimney Tops by the taper though...Enjoy!
01. Prelude - Christmas Rush 02. Little Drummer Boy 03. We Three Kings 04. Reindeer Flight Instructor 05. Oh Holy Night 06. The Night Before Christmas 07. Video Introduction
Arctic Monkeys, live on Morning Becomes Eclectic, KCRW Santa Monica, 18th November 2005
I was watching a mockumentary by Sheffields John Shuttleworth on Sky Arts the other day 'It's Nice Up North', on the subject that people getting nicer the further north you travel, and as ever John was a delight, and to celebrate his genius I thought I'd post some of his hometown lads for you. Enjoy!
The View From The Afternoon Dancing Shoes Fake Tales Of San Francisco You Probably Couldn't See For the Lights But You Were Looking Straight At Me Perhaps Vampires Is A Bit Strong But.... From The Ritz To The Rubble A Certain Romance
The Polyphonic Spree, live at the 6th Annual Holiday Extravaganza, Nokia Center, Grand Prarie, 16th December 2005
As you can probably surmise, from the event, tracks and the time of year, this was recorded at a Christmas show in Grand Prarie in Texas. They made a recording of Nirvana's Lithium (released as a b-side) which sounded great and played it many times live, but on this occasion they opted for a rather spiffing Beatles song instead. Enjoy!
01. Prerecorded Intro 02. Harp Intro 03. We Sound Amazed 04. It's The Sun 05. Hold Me Now 06. Light And Day 07. Ride Captain Ride 08. Suitcase Calling 09. Round 10. Soldier Girl 11. Drum Off - Everything Starts At The Seam - When The Fool Becomes A King 12. Together We're Heavy 13. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band 14. Intro > Christmas Is Here 15. Do You Hear What I Hear > The Little Drummer Boy 16. Silent Night 17. Joy to the World > Joy to the World (Three Dog Night)
Nine Inch Nails, The Downward Spiral Live, Webster Hall, New York, 23rd August 2009
As the headline suggests, N.I.N. played the final show of their current tour (and perhaps forever) at New York's Webster hall, by playing their iconic album The Downward Spiral in it's entirety. Of course they played more songs than that, but not until the job was done. Enjoy!
01: Mr Self Destruct 02: Piggy 03: Heresy 04: March Of The Pigs 05: Closer 06: Ruiner 07: The Becoming 08: I Do Not Want This 09: Big Man With A Gun 10: A Warm Place 11: Eraser 12: Reptile 13: The Downward Spiral 14: Hurt 15: 1,000,000 16: Terrible Lie 17: Trent Speaks & Band Intro 18: Metal 19: Lights In The Sky 20: Burn 21: Gave Up 22: Suck 23: Physical 24: The Hand That Feeds 25: Head Like A Hole
Ataxia, live at The Knitting Factory, Los Angeles, 2nd February 2004
Ataxia consist of John Frusciante, his good friend Josh Klinghoffer (who also plays occasionally with the other musicians in RHCP), and Fugazi drummer Joe Lally. Two seems to be a fairly strong number for Ataxia, as they spent two weeks in the studio, recorded two albums in that time, and played two, count 'em, two concert dates (don't quote me on that mind!), although they did play several sets...so this isn't something you'll see everyday. Enjoy!
01 Intro 02 Dust 03 The Sides 04 Attention 05 Jam 06 Addition 07 The Soldier 08 Montreal
Laurie Anderson and Lou Reed, live at the DR Koncerthus, Copenhagen, 16th July 2009
Laurie is a performance artist and experimental musician, and even part-time actress. Quite the busy lady. Lou Reed, he's her husband, dunno what else he does though...Enjoy!
01 Dorita 02 Progress 03 Mystic Child 04 Pale Blue Eyes 05 Beginning 06 Romeo Had Juliette 07 Maybe If I Fall 08 Who Am I 09 Halloween Parade 10 Story About A Story 11 Junior Dad 12 Only An Expert 13 The Lost Art Of Conversation 14 I'll Be Your Mirror
R.E.M., live at the Pinkpop Festival, "The Dream" Bootleg, 15th May 1989
A quick blast of R.E.M. godness from their breakthrough period, soundboard sourced again. The last two tracks are tagged onto the bootleg, to fill up the 80 mins I guess, they're from Palatrussardi in Milan, 15th June 89, although I forgot to take this into account when tagging the files. Enjoy!
01. Exuming McCarthy [3:26] 02. Turn You Inside-Out [4:44] 03. Stand [3:25] 04. Orange Crush [3:53] 05. Feeling Gravitys Pull [6:08] 06. King Of Birds [5:17] 07. World Leader Pretend 5:06] 08. Underneath The Bunker [1:40] 09. Pretty Persuasion [4:11] 10. Get Up [2:35] 11. Auctioneer (Another Engine) [3:17] 12. It's the End Of The World As We Know It (And I feel Fine) [4:53] 13. Summertime [5:16] 14. Swan Swan H [3:14] 15. Finest Worksong [3:55] 16. Begin The Begin [4:00] 17. Perfect Circle [4:05] 18. Dark Globe [2:17]
As usual, download samples, they're not in the Zip... REM Pink
Circle Jerks, live at On Broadway, San Fransisco, 17th April 1984
By 1984 L.A.s punk band Circle Jerks had released three albums; Group Sex, Wild in the Streets and Golden Shower of Hits. If you're as debauched as myself you'll see what one of the major influences this band has. Enjoy!
Also, I need to use another image host I think...
1) intro 2) Dude (w/o vocals) 3) Back Against The Wall 4) Operation 5) Wild In The Streets (Garland Jeffreys) 6) Red Tape 7) Paid Vacation > 8) Trapped 9) Stars And Stripes > 10) When The Shit Hits The Fan 11) Murder The Disturbed 12) Under The Gun 13) Parade Of The Horribles 14) Behind The Door 15) Coup D'état 16) Leave Me Alone 17) World Up My Ass 18) Question Authority 19) I Just Want Some Skank > 20) Beverly Hills 21) High Price On Our Heads 22) Bang Your Head (Metal Health) (Quiet Riot) (tease) > Wasted 23) Junk Mail 24) Close to You (Carpenters) > Afternoon Delight (Starland Vocal Band) > You're Having My Baby (Paul Anka) > Love Will Keep Us Together (Captain and Tennille) > D-I-V-O-R-C-E (Tammy Wynette) > Live Fast, Die Young
Evan Dando, live at Gabe's Oasis, Iowa City, 18th January 2004
A solo show from The Lemonheads mainman (he's been doing that gig since 1986) Evan Dando for you today. Lots of covers in the show, many from countryist Lucinda Williams, and a few pop songs too. Enjoy!
01. Confetti 02. Into Your Arms 03. All My Life 04. My Drug Buddy 05. Hannah & Gabi 06. My Idea 07. The Outdoor Type 08. Tenderfoot 09. If I Could Talk I'd Tell You 10. Great Big No 11. Hard Drive 12. The Turnpike Down 13. Down About It 14. How Will I Know 15. I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman 16. Different Drum 17. Why Do You Do This To Yourself? 18. Shots Is Fired 19. The Same Thing You Thought Hard About Is The Same Part I Can Live Without 20. Ride With Me 21. Stove 22. Fall Down Dead 23. Being Around 24. Frying Pan 25. Rudderless 26. Lake Charles 27. Abandoned 28. Side of The Road 29. Like A Rose 30. It's A Shame About Ray 31. We had it coming! I'm not political by the way!! 32. How Much I've Lied 33. $1000 Wedding 34. Mallo Cup 35. I Don't Want To Hurt You 36. Window Shopping 37. Left For Dead 38. Style 39. Bit Part 40. Ballad of El Goodo
The Velvet Underground, "Sweet Sister Ray's Murder Mystery", live at La Cave, Cleveland, various dates
A little something more from the VU today, three seperate dates recorded at La Cave in Cleveland. Sweet Sister Ray dates 30th April 69, Sister Ray/Murder Mystery/Sister Ray dates from 29th January 69, and Story of My Life is from 4th October 68.
1. Sweet Sister Ray (39:42) 2. Sister Ray/Murder Mystery/Sister Ray (28:22) 3. Story Of My Life (1:58)
Download sample, it's not included in Zip... Velvet Cave
Ed Harcourt, live on KEXP, Seattle, (broadcast) 10th July 2009
A set comprising of unreleased songs (possibly appearing on the upcoming 2010 scheduled album) and a cover (Blues Run the Game by Jackson C Frank, most famously recorded by the fabulous Bert Jansch) , make up this live set, broadcast last month, by this English singer/songwriter. Enjoy!
01. Intro 02. Killed By The Morning Sun 03. Interview 1 04. The Church Of No Religion 05. Interview 2 06. Caterpillar 07. Interview 3 08. The Blues Run The Game 09. Poetry
Radiohead, live at the Oz'Arenes Festival, Avenches, 15th August 2006
Would've posted this yesterday, but had issues uploading, I wasn't gonna wait 4 hours for it...Anyway, a great bootleg from the Oxford boys, soundboard sourced, and featuring one of the first outings of tracks from what was to become In Rainbows (I think). Enjoy!
01 There There 02 Nationl Anthem 03 Lucky 04 Kid A 05 Bangers'n'Mash 06 My Iron Lung (Abandoned) 07 My Iron Lung 08 Karma Police 09 Morning Bell 10 I Might Be Wrong 11 Street Spirit 12 Climbing Up the Walls 13 Myxomaotsis 14 Pyramid Song 15 Down is the New Up 16 Just 17 Idioteque 18 Paranoid Android 19 Like Spinning Plates 20 Airbag 21 The Bends 22 True Love Waits 23 Everything in it's Right Place
Page & Plant, live at the Glastonbury Festival, 25th June 1995
Some lovely Jimmy and Robert for you today, not sure this much I can say about these two that you wouldn't know. My parents have had beers with Robert Plant on several occasions mind, I wonder if he still pops into the White Hart...Enjoy!
The Gutter Twins, live at the Stage Club, Hamburg, 16th July 2009
A very nice set from Dulli and Lanegan for you today, naturally featuring alot of songs written by the duo for other projects (Twilight Singers, Screaming Trees, etc.), with one or two covers thrown in for good measure. Enjoy!
01 Intro 02 The Body 03 The Stations 04 If I Were Going 05 Sworn And Broken 06 Down The Line (Jose Gonzales) 07 Creeping Coastline Of Lights 08 Resurrection Song 09 The Twilite Kid 10 Summer's Kiss 11 The River Rise 12 Sunset Machine 13 I Am In The Heavenly Way (Bukka White) 14 Encore-Break 15 Candy Cane Crawl 16 One Hundred Days 17 Three Hours (Nick Drake)
Electric Prunes, live at The Knitting Factory, Hollywood, 28th December 2007
The Electric Prunes are a garage/phsycadelic rock band from way back in the '60's, one of a few who've reformed after the success of a new wave of bands playing straightforward rock music. They gained they're first taste of stardom after the release of I Had Too Much to Dream Last Night, the first song of theirs I ever heard, a track that led me to seek out more of this wonderful band. If you enjoy this bootleg, check out an earlier post of a The Sonics show I posted. Enjoy!
Black Keys, live at the Forecastle Festival, Belvedere, 10th July 2009
More summer festivalness for you today, recorded at the River Front in Belvedere, here are the Black Keys. The duo are 6 albums into their career now, and show no signs of slowing up their rawkessness. Enjoy!
01 Tuning 02 Thickfreakness 03 Girl Is On My Mind 04 Set You Free 05 The Breaks 06 Stack Shot Billy 07 Busted 08 Everywhere I Go 09 Strange Times 10 Your Touch 11 Same Old Thing 12 Have Love Will Travel 13 10 A.M. Automatic 14 I Got Mine
Fleet Foxes, live at the 9:30 Club, Washington, 29th July 2009
Some sunny Seattle harmonies for you today, from SubPops Fleet Foxes. I'm not really up on their full catalogue, but a few of these are apparantly new songs. I did find that the one new song is called Blue Spotted Tail. Enjoy!
The Dead Weather, live at First Avenue, Minneapolis, 27th July 2009
Some more from Dead Weather's tour of the U.S. today, as promised. I'm sure you'll enjoy!
01 Intro 02 60 Feet Tall 03 Bone House 04 Hang You From The Heavens 05 You Just Can't Win (Van Morrison/Them) 06 So Far From Your Weapon 07 I Cut LIke A Buffalo 08 A Child Of A Few Hours Is Burning To Death (West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band) 09 Rocking Horse 10 No Hassle Night 11 Will There Be Enough Water? 12 Encore Break 13 Forever My Queen (Pentagram) 14 Treat Me Like Your Mother 15 New Pony (Bob Dylan)
The Decemberists, live at Radio City Music Hall, New York City, 10th June 2009
Another show from The Decemberists Hazards of Love tour, where the guys play the album in its entirety, followed by a set of their other songs. At this particular show (supplied by nyctaper), they were joined by Peter Buck of R.E.M. on his bands song Begin the Begin. Enjoy!
Set 1: The Hazards of Love
01 Prelude 02 The Hazards of Love 1 03 A Bower Scene 04 Won't Want for Love 05 The Hazards of Love 2 06 Isn't It a Lovely Night? 07 The Wanting Comes in Waves 08 An Interlude 09 The Rake's Song 10 The Abduction of Margaret 11 The Queen's Rebuke 12 The Crossing 13 Annan Water 14 Margaret in Captivity 15 The Hazards of Love 3 16 The Wanting Comes in Waves (Reprise) 17 The Hazards of Love 4
01 The Crane Wife 3 02 July, July! 03 Billy Liar 04 Sleepless 05 The Bachelor and the Bride 06 Dracula's Daughter 07 O Valencia! 08 The Chimbley Sweep 09 Crazy on You (Heart) 10 [encore break] 11 Begin the Begin (REM) 12 Sons and Daughters
The Ting Tings, live at the Garden Nef Party, Angouleme, 18th July 2009
Something slightly different today, some pop music. Okay, some might argue that The Ting Tings are an indie band, or pop art or something, but the two members (Kate White and Jules De Martino) have been in previous bands, and in that time supported Steps and Bros. I'll give Jules some credit though, he was the singer of a band called Mojo Pin...Enjoy!
01. We Walk 02. Great DJ 03. Fruit Machine 04. Keep Your Head 05. We Started Nothing 06. Shut Up and Let Me Go 07. That's Not My Name
Jeff Buckley, live at Arlenes Grocery, New York, 9th February 1997
Arlenes is a little venue on the Lower East Side of New York City, which, as the name suggests, used to be a grocery store. On this occasion, Jeff Buckley and band turned out to test a few new songs, the first time they were played in public, and despite a rough voice due to smoking, something Jeff refers to continually, this is a really great show. Enjoy!
01. Chat 02. Nightmares by the Sea 03. Chat 04. Witch's Rave 05. Tune Up 06. So Real 07. Chat 08. Paranoia in the City (Haven't You Heard) 09. Surf Guitar Noodling 10. Chat 11. Lover, You Should've Come Over 12. Morning Theft 13. Vancouver 14. Chat 15. Moisture (Residents cover) 16. Chat 17. The Sky is a Landfill 18. Chocolate > 19. Mojo Pin 20. Grace 21. Chat 22. Last Goodbye
Foo Fighters, live on the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas special, Universal Amphitheater, Los Angeles, 17th December 1995
This is taken from the annual, above long named show, which has been running since 1990, and nowadays streams on the KROQ website. Not a great deal of songs from this pre-fm disc, but they're not your usual Foo Fighters fare for sure. Enjoy!
01. DJ Intro 02. This is a Call 03. Watershed 04. I'll Stick Around 05. Floaty 06. DJ Outro
Todays bootleg is the original, well a copy of it anyway, 1971 demo. As you can see from the above image, it was recorded and pressed by Trident Studios (now Trident Audio Development), who let Queen record during the quiet periods (no doubt the middle of the night), and after 8 months of trying to help them get signed eventually released Queens full debut themselves. Enjoy!
Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band, live at the Maine State Pier, Portland, 17th July 2009
After listening to Conors music for several years now, it's great that he finally has a real band, and not just guys playing his songs. The Mystic Valley Band have come of age with their second release, helping Conor reign in those self indulgent moments, and contributing alot more than just instrumental ability. Enjoy!
01. Intro 02. Air Mattress 03. Sausalito > 04. Nikorette 05. Ten Women > 06. Slowly (Oh So Slowly) 07. Big Black Nothing 08. Danny Callahan 09. NYC – Gone, Gone 10. Cape Canaveral 11. I Don't Want To Die (In A Hospital) 12. Moab 13. Snake Hill 14. Roosevelt Room
The Dead Weather, live at Terminal 5, New York, 16th July 2009
I really think Jack White should start a Michael Jackson tribute act, with Jack Black, and call it...It Don't Matter if You're Black or White. Hey now! That's not too bad a joke for something I thought of this very second! Anyway...this is a cool set from Mr. White's latest musical daliance, with a few interesting covers. Enjoy!
Madeleine Peyroux, live at the Théatre Outremont, Montreal, 20th October 2006
Madeleine is an American born singer/songwriter, who after moving to Paris in her teens has made her name as a quality jass and folk singer, in the mould of Billie Holiday and her ilk. She's released 5 albums to date, after first struggling with the pressure placed on her after the debut Dreamland, there were eight years between that and the follow-up Got You on My Mind. Anyway, she sings alot of covers, from both the jazz and folk worlds (Leonard Cohen, Serge Gainsbourg, Elliott Smith), many of which are amongst this fabulous set. Enjoy!
1. Intro 2. Blue Alert 3. Don't Wait Too Long 4. Don't Cry Baby 5. Comment 6. Everybody's Talkin' 7. Between the Bars 8. Half the Perfect World 9. Comment 10. La Javanaise 11. A Little Bit 12. I Think it's Going to Rain 13. Comment 14. I Hear Music 15. Careless Love 16. Smile 17. Players presentation 18. Comment 19. J'ai Deux Amours 20. Dance Me to the End of Love 21. Conclusion and credits
The Pixies, live at the Newcastle Poly, 27th April 1989
Yet another band I'm surprised not to have posted shows of before now, although there is a Breeders show up. At this point in their career, The Pixies had released three albums in as many years, and had toured an awful lot too, no big shock then that the band had issues. Enjoy!
01. Into The White 02. Wave of Mutilation 03. There Goes My Gun 04. Monkey Goes to Heaven 05. Debaser 06. Isla De Incanta 07. Bone Machine 08. Cactus 09. Gigantic 10. Gouge Away 11. Tame
Recorded in an unknown location on an unknown date, very handy that, and sadly nowhere near a complete show. That aside, there are some rather rare tracks here. Two of the songs are unreleased John compositions, tentatively titled by fans probably, and another is a cover of Nirvana's Moist Vagina, b-side to the also snappily titled Rape Me. Enjoy!
Queens of the Stone Age, live at the Air Canada Centre, Toronto, 10th October 2005
Some quality Qotsa for you today, a support slot from their 2005 tour with NIN. Plenty of classics, as well as a few from the then latest album, make for a really cool set. Enjoy!
01 Big Bad Wolf intro 02 Feel Good Hit of the Summer 03 The Lost Art of Keeping a Secret 04 Mexicola 05 Infinity 06 Everybody Knows That You Are Insane 07 Regular John 08 Broken Box 09 Little Sister 10 Long Slow Goodbye 11 Burn The Witch 12 Song for the Dead 13 No One Knows
Download samples, they're not in Zip... Queens Air
Blood Red Shoes, live at the Garden Nef Party, Angouleme, 17th July 2009
BRS are duo Steve and Laura-May, not an unusual name for a lass from the southern United States, but slightly from the south of England. They've been playing together for quite a few years now, although only one album released thus far, and they've played with some fairly illustrious bands including, Biffy Clyro, Siouxie Sioux, Maximo Park and Rage Against The Machine, to name a broad ranging few. Their second album's in production, and a couple of tracks of which (Wheeze, Fade to Grey) are featured in this set. Enjoy!
01. Intro 02. It's Getting Boring By The Sea 03. Count Me Out 04. You Bring Me Down 05. Wheeze 06. Say Something Say Anything 07. Fade to Grey 08. This Is Not For You 09. Don't Ask 10. I Wish I Was Someone Better
Velvet Underground, live rehearsal at Max's Kansas City, New York, summer 1970
In 1968, Andy Warhol moved from the original Factory premises, to a little place across the street from a club called Max's Kansas City. The backroom of the club, nicknamed The Bucket of Blood, became a respite for Andy and other celebraties when in town. Well, this bootleg is sourced from a rehearsal in the summer of '70, probably 26th July, recorded to a reel-to-reel via a single mike. Enjoy!
01. It's Just Too Much 02. I'm Free 03. I Found A Reason 04. New Age 05. Walk And Talk It 06. Head Held High 07. Wild Child 08. Little Queenie 09. Good Lovin' 10. Oh Mickie 11. Max's jingle 12. Waiting For The Man (with false start) 13. White Light/White Heat 14. What Goes On 15. Cool It Down 16. Who Loves The Sun
Of Montreal, live at Bonnaroo Music Festival, 13th July 2009
Another set from the This Tent stage at Bonnaroo, from Georgia's indie band Of Montreal. The photo above phtograph was taken during Beatle Bob's Intro, where the actors in OM's stage show, "knocked him out" before dragging him off stage. I'm sure it would've been amusing if you saw it. Enjoy!
01. MC Intro 02. Band Intro 03. Nonpareil of Favor 04. Bunny Ain’t No Kind of Rider 05. Id Engager 06. Rapture Rapes the Muses 07. The Party’s Crashing Us 08. Heimdalsgate Like a Promethean Curse 09. October is Eternal 10. A Sentence of Sorts in Konsvinger 11. Beware Our Nubile Miscreants 12. Girl Named Hello 13. For Our Elegant Caste 14. Touched Something’s Hollow 15. An Eluardian Instance 16. She’s A Rejecter 17. The Past is a Grotesque Animal
Neko Case, live at the Bonnaroo Music Festival, Manchester TN, 13th June 2009
Recorded at the This Tent stage of the festival, sadly not the whole set, as the taper was going to record Phish. Makes no sense to me, but what can you do? Enjoy!
1. Intro 2. Maybe Sparrow 3. People Got A Lotta Nerve 4. Fever 5. Hold On, Hold On 6. The Pharoahs 7. Middle Cyclone 8. Deep Red Bells 9. I Wish I Was The Moon 10. I'm An Animal 11. Tigers Have Spoken 12. Triumph Intro 13. Swing Low Sweet Chariot 14. Red Tide 15. Don't Forget Me 16. That Teenage Feeling 17. This Tornado Loves You
Download samples, you know the drill by now... Neko Tent
John Frusciante, live at La Scene, Paris, 3rd February 2001
If you've ever seen the footage from Amsterdam's Paradisio club (check PooTube if not), then you'll know what to expect from the solo European tour of 2001. Whether you have or not, this is a really great show in its own right. For the record, John's solo shows have 10x more soul than any Chili's performance, rudimentary or not. Enjoy!
01. Been Insane 02. So Would Have I 03. The First Season 04. Life's A Bath 05. Someone's 06. New Dawn Fades (Joy Division) 07. Representing 08. Modern Love (aborted) 09. Modern Love (David Bowie) 10. Beat Down 11. With No One 12. Lucky (Radiohead) 13. Untitled #11 14. In Relief 15. Jugband Blues (Syd Barrett) 16. Your Pussy is Glues to a Building on Fire 17. Saturation 18. Ten to Butter Blood Voodoo 19. Country Feedback (R.E.M.) 20. Resolution 21. All We Ever Wanted Was Everything (Bauhaus) 22. Going Inside 23. Neighbourhood Threat (Iggy Pop and/or David Bowie) 24. Fallout 25. Mascara 26. Smiles From the Streets 27. Song For Toni 28. Beginning Again
Ryan Adams, live at the Carling Academy, Bristol, 21st January 2004
Sadly, the last two tracks were not recorded (Goodnight Hollywood Blvd./SYLVIA PLATH), probably due to a shortage of tape...I'm guessing. A good setlist for the time, of course rather Rock & Roll heavy, and a good sound for an audeince recording. Enjoy!
01. Introduction 02. First Time, Last Time 03. So Alive 04. 1974 05. This Is It 06. Note to self, don't die 07. Luminol 08. I See Monsters 09. One by One 10. My Love For You Is Real 11. What Sin Replaces Love 12. New York, New York 13. This House Is Not For Sale 14. To Be Young (Is To Be Sad, Is To Be High) 15. Introduction 16. Firecracker 17. "My Friends Got Mugged" Banter 18. The Rescue Blues 19. Everything Inside Me 20. I Want To Go Home 21. Want It All Back Again 22. Somehow, Someday 23. Do Miss America (speed metal version/barbershop version) 24. Nobody Girl
Bob Dylan, live at Palaeur, "Rome '84 Revisited", 19th June 1984
Also released as Oh the Streets of Rome and Live at Paleaur, this bootleg has been around a bit, although this version has a better bass end than the Paleaur clone. A great set, a great sound, plus Mick Taylor and Carlos Santana. Enjoy!
01. Highway 61 Revisited 02. Jokerman 03. All Along The Watchtower 04. Just Like A Woman 05. Maggie's Farm 06. I And I 07. License To Kill 08. Just My Imagination 09. Hard Rain 10. Tangled Up In Blue 11. It's Alright Ma ( I'm Only Bleeding ) 12. Simple Twist Of Fate 13. Masters Of War 14. Ballad Of A Thin Man 15. When You Gonna Wake Up 16. Every Grain Of Sand 17. Like A Rolling Stone 18. Mr Tambourine Man 19. It Ain't Me Babe 20. The Times They Are A-Changin' 21. I Shall Be Released 22. Tombstone Blues 23. Blowin' In The Wind