Tuesday 3 June 2008

Ben Folds - 1990 Demos

ben folds five mojasha 1990 demo recording bootleg

Ben Folds
1990 Demo Recordings
Greensboro, NC and Nashville, TN

Well, I think the title says it all really. Ben Folds pre-Five demo sessions, what totally fantastic songs they are too, I really cannot spout enough praise for their debut album. Uncle Walter, Jackson Cannery, Underground, simply fantastic writing and performance allround! From the non-album tracks Clueless is very much in his light hearted, taking a poke at someone manner, My Dog, co-written with Evan Olsen and not released until the Speed Graphic EP. Situation is a good example of his many songs that are based on anecdotes or actual events that have occured, in the vein of Stevens Last Night In Town, or at least that's how it seems. Burnings is very reminiscent of Zappas You Are What You Is material to me, Mudd Club, Charlies Enormous Mouth, and I'm not suprised it never made the final cut, it really doesn't fit amongst his other fine songs. All in all, a very cool and interesting demo recording indeed.

Best Imitation Of Myself
Kalamazoo
Uncle Walter
Clueless
My Dog
Fair
Burning
Video
Jackson Cannery
Tom & Mary
Half Asleep
Situation
Underground
Emaline
Lydian Song
Sports And Wine
Where's Bohemia?
I Paid My Money

RAR 1
RAR 2


*updated links*

4 comments:

Paul said...

Hey, could you reupload My Dog, Tom and Mary and Underground? The links seem to be removed. Thanks so much for putting this up.

Bucklberry said...

Done Paul.

Paul said...

Thanks a million!

Joel said...

Very cool! Interesting to hear, especially the ones that never made it to a record!