Monday 9 June 2008

Jeff Buckley live at the Pacific Club 1994 *updated links*

jeff buckley, led zeppelin, live, concert, bootleg, antwerp, 1994, mp3

Jeff Buckley, Pacific Club Antwerp, Sept 21st 1994.

This fine show is one of my favourite of Jeff Buckleys bootlegged concerts, due to the fact he really shows his goofy, fun-loving mentality to its full. There are other shows like this about, but none to my knowledge which he plays so many 'covers' as he does here.

It'll come as no suprise that this show has an alias, a nom de plume, or some other phrase taken from some ancient European language, namely "Whole Lotta Led". I'm a little uncertain as to why this may be, okay so I'm not...Jeff was a big Zeppelin fan, having learned to play Physical Graffiti as a young lad (he recorded Night Flight during both his Sin-E and Grace sessions), and no doubt his request for a Gibson Les Paul was directly inspired by Jimmy Page having several. I don't think he ever modified his 'Black Beauty' as Jimmy did, unlike his friends Telecaster, which eventually made it home after many a year on the road with him.

The covers here that didn't usually appear are in fact only little blasts, snippets of the songs, some of which I'd have loved to have heard performed in full by Jeff with or without band. These are cool anyway...enjoy!

Disc 1
01. New Years Prayer
02. Celebration Day
03. Moby Dick
04. In My Time Of Dying
05. Give It Up Or Turn It Loose
06. Chocolate
07. Mojo Pin
08. Dream Brother
09. Talking (My Feet Are Too Big)
10. So Real
11. Last Goodbye
12. What Will You Say?
13. Lilac Wine
14. Grace
15. Hallelujah
16. Je N'en Connais Pas La Fin
17. Talking (Led Zeppelin Anonymous)
18. California Dreaming
19. Purple Haze
20. Eternal Life
21. Lover, You Should've Come Over
22. Encore Break
23. Kanga-Roo

Download samples, they're not in Rar files
Part 1
Part 2

Other Covers:
Celebration Day/Moby Dick/In My Time Of Dying - Led Zeppelin
Give It Up Or Turn It Lose - James Brown
California Dreaming - The Mamas And The Papas
Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix

Additional artwork:
Inner
Back


*phew! after going through about 250 discs I found this again. Stupid library file dying with my old computer...*

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can i cry?! Haha i search long time for this show.
"...he really shows his goofy, fun-loving mentality..." -> one of the thing i adore about him.
¡¡¡G R A C I A S!!! -again-

Julia said...

OMG! that sounds like an awesome concert. But I can only download the first song, the rest of the files are missing :( Can you upload them again? please?
thanks anyway!
Julia

p.s. cool bootlegs in your blog :)

Bucklberry said...

I shall do so within a couple of days Julia :)

Julia said...

Thank you!
I'll be back then :)

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I second Julia's request! This is a great site you have here, bucklberry!

Bucklberry said...

I've been having a 'mare finding the disc, but I shall have a real go over them tonight and tomorrow.

Julia said...

I could've sworn I had already left yet another "thank you" note! But i guess I didn't. Although this concert made me a little sad, i liked it a lot and I'm enjoying every track. So thank you!!

Laura said...

I'd never heard of this show before, but thank you - for this gem and all the others. The time and effort you're putting into this site is very much appreciated. :)

zilvernevel said...

This site is absolutely a gem. I feel like a little kid in a candystore... Thank you :)

I wonder if you could upload most of the songs of this concert again. Only 8 and 16 are working, all the other links are dead. Pretty please?

Thanks anyway,
Joyce