Tuesday 28 October 2008

Colin Meloy - The Orange Peel 2008

colin meloy, solo, live, audience, orabge peel, 2008

Colin Meloy, live at The Orange Peel, Ashville NC, 11th April 2008

Lead singer for The Decemberists, Colin often goes out on solo tours of small venues such as The Orange Peel, why? You'd have to ask him, I guess he just likes it. He does put out some nice and quirky EPs for his tours mind you.

The band are named after a revolt in Russia in December 1836 or there-a-bouts (I'm writing this from my admittedly bad memory), though I think that Russians actually call them Decembrists. Whether Colin and Co. spelt it incorrectly on purpose to make it more English-speaker-friendly, or didn't know it's spelt that way, or whatever, I don't know and frankly don't care too much, I just know it's wrong. Well 95% sure anyway...see bad memory remark. Tracks 11 & 15 are unreleased btw.

01. My Mother was a Chinese Trapeze Artist
02. The Perfect Crime #2
03. Dracula's Daughter > O Valencia!
04. Odalisque
05. The Engine Driver
06. banter: (Consuela & Cornwallis)
07. Eli, the Barrow Boy
08. Cupid (with Laura Gibson)
09. Grace Cathedral Hill
10. Apology Song
11. Hazards
12. A Cautionary Song
13. encore break
14. Every Day is Like Sunday
15. Raincoat

Download samples, they're not in Zip
Meloy Orange

No comments: