Sunday 7 September 2008

Lou Reed - Acoustic Demos 1970

lou reed, acoustic, demos, 1970, velvet underground

Lou Reed, acoustic demos, Autumn/Winter 1970

These demos are reportedly from the period between his stint as frontman for Velvet Underground and the beginning of his solo career. The songs later appear on many different releases, I Can't Stand It, Walk It Talk It and Lisa Says on his self titled solo debut, I'm So Free and Goodnight Ladies on Transformer, Oh Jim on Berlin, Kill Your Sons on Sally Can't Dance, and surprisingly enough, none of them on the next chronological release, Metal Machine Music. A quick Buckley link for you? Ok then, if you insist...Jeff often played Velvet Undergrounds song All Tomorrows Parties solo.

Fall 1970

01 I'm So Free
02 I Can't Stand It
03 Walk And Talk It

Winter 1970

04 Going Down
05 Ride Into The Sun
06 I'm Sticking With You
07 Lisa Says
08 Kill Our Sons (aka Kill Your Sons)
09 Lonely Saturday Night (aka Goodnight Ladies)
10 So In Love
11 She's My Best Friend
12 Looking Through The Eyes Of Love (aka Oh Jim)

Download samples as well as Rar, they're not included.
Rar file

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

excellent post...enjoying your blog..thanks for linking to me...keep up the good work

burtonbootlegger

Bucklberry said...

Cheers Burtonbootlegger, you're very welcome, thought it only right as you'd linked me :)

L said...

Great post.