Wednesday 24 September 2008

My Bloody Valentine - Live At The Apollo 2008

my bloody valentine, apollo, manchester, live, 2008

My Bloody Valentine, live at the Apollo Manchester, 29th June 2008

Something good to look forward to...

It has been 17 years since the release of Loveless, My Bloody Valentine's legendary album, which cost £250,000 to record, bringing Creation Records close to bankruptcy. "It was," Shields said this weekend, "a very, very damaged time for everybody."

My Bloody Valentine then signed to Island Records and Shields spent years in isolation, working in the studio until in 1997 Island finally cut him off, upset at the lack of progress. "That was it," Shields explained. "It was like the plug was pulled, 'No money for you anymore.'"

Revenue from the recent gigs have allowed the band to buy some £200,000 in equipment, and though the revitalised group has not yet been performing new songs, Shields seems enthusiastic for the future. He's not worried, either, that his outlook has improved from the "loveless" days of the early 90s.

"I definitely don't think you need to suffer to be creative," he insisted. "I've written some of my best songs when I've been happy."


01. I Only Said
02. When You Sleep
03. (When You Wake) You're Still In A Dream
04. You Never Should
05. Cigarette In Your Bed
06. Come In Alone
07. Only Shallow
08. Thorn
09. Nothing Much To Lose
10. To Here Knows When
11. Blown A Wish
12. Slow
13. Soon
14. Feed Me With Your Kiss
15. Sueisfine
16. You Made Me Realise

Download samples as well as Rar, they're not included.
Apollo Rar

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you have a great site and have enjoyed many of your shows. Question: why not attribute your MBV text to Jon Pareles of the NYTimes? I thought he wrote an excellent article and posting an excerpt with attribution would be the right thing to do.

Thanks for all the great music.

Paul
Brooklyn

Bucklberry said...

You're correct, it would be the right thing to do, but you know how it is...doing many things at once, other stuff waiting to be done...thanks for doing so for me. No-one ever says anything about the images...